I came up with this recipe when I was making the Thai-Style Ground Turkey. I had some extra ingredients and felt that plain rice was just too boring to pair with the ground turkey.
1 cup brown rice
2 cups water
1 cup leeks
1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
1/4 cup lite coconut milk
2 teaspoons olive oil
Salt to taste
1. Heat saucepan over medium heat and add 2 teaspoons oil.
2. When oil is heated (about 1 minute) add leeks and cook about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add rice and stir; add water.
4. Cover and bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat and cook for about 45 minutes (check to see when water is absorbed and rice is fluffy).
6. Mix in in lime rind, coconut milk and salt to taste.