My Mom emailed me this recipe excited for me to try it as it was a big hit with my stepdad. I was eager to try it and put it on the menu almost immediately – I LOVE sun dried tomatoes. Don’t skip the whipping cream or use light – you can splurge every once in awhile–I did 🙂 I’ve actually made this recipe about 4 times since my mom sent it to me. I altered it each time to see how I could get more sauce as that was my mom’s only complaint (the sauce was so good but there wasn’t enough). I think this is my favorite version (I doubled the wine and cream). If you are looking for a healthy meal – keep on looking 😉
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (pound out to make thinner – I place each breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap on a cutting board, then pound with a meat mallet until thin. You could also use a heavy pan if you don’t have a meat mallet)
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 cup dry white wine (I used Chardonnay)
1 cup whipping cream
1 jar (8.5oz) Sun Dried Tomatoes – Julienne cut in olive oil and herbs, drained but reserve oil (I could not find sun dried tomatoes julienne cut, so I just cut them)
1. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of the reserved olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium/high heat
2. Add chicken to the skillet and saute until golden brown, approximately 4-6 minutes on each side, When I put the chicken in I move it around slightly to make sure it won’t stick
3. Remove chicken and set aside
4. Add garlic and stir
5. Add wine, cream, and sun dried tomatoes and stir
6. Return chicken to pan and bring to a boil.
7. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer until chicken is done, approx 3-5 minutes
8. Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm while finishing the cream sauce
9. Increase the heat to make the cream/sun dried tomato sauce in the skillet boil until it thickens (about 8-10 minutes).
Serve with pasta, spoon sauce over chicken before serving or cut chicken and toss sauce, chicken and pasta.
Source: Adapted from Bella Sun Luci Savory Sun Dried Tomato via Mrs. V.