These green bean bundles have become another family favorite and like the corn casserole this recipe is from my Aunt Cathy. We just love Aunt Cathy, and not just because she has wonderful, tasty recipes! I would suggest making 2-3 bundles per person as they have been very popular when we make them. Make sure to use frozen green beans and not fresh, my mom reports that the fresh get overcooked because the bacon takes too long to cook. These pair a lovely sweet and salty combination that most everyone I know enjoys. These little bundles also make a nice table presentation.
Green Bean Bundles
1 pound frozen whole green beans
10 pieces of bacon, not cooked
1 Tablespoon Greek Seasoning
¼ teaspoon salt if your Greek Seasoning doesn’t contain salt
¼ cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Cut slices of bacon in half
3. Mix Greek Seasoning and salt if you are using salt
4. Take 6-8 beans and wrap a half slice of the bacon around them. Optional: tie the bacon in a knot on the top of the bundle or just wrap the ends underneath the bundle
5. Place the bundle in a 9×13 baking dish and repeat with the rest of the beans until the beans and bacon are gone.
6. Sprinkle Greek Seasoning and brown sugar over the bundles
7. Drizzle melted butter over the bundles and place in the oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until bacon is cooked through.
Source: From Aunt Cathy, original source unknown