Matt came home one day after eating out with coworkers to tell me about an amazing cookie he had – it was like a chocolate chip cookie but with Oreos he exclaimed. I was jealous and asked if he brought one home for me (the answer was no if you were wondering). These cookies were great and were a serious indulgence. I mean a cookie in a cookie; it just doesn’t get any better. This cookie in a cookie is not a new idea, I’ve noticed that it is all the rage to put an Oreo cookie in the middle of a ball of cookie dough and bake it. Unfortunately, Matt can’t remember the name of the place they ate these so I couldn’t credit them with this fantastic idea.
Oreo Cookie Cookies
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
¼ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, room temperature
2 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 box (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
18 Oreos, broken into pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add vanilla and eggs to butter mixture, beating well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and pudding.
5. Add flour mixture to butter mixture and mix well.
6. Gently stir in Oreo pieces.
7. Place tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes, cooling for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool fully.
Inspired by : Unknown Baltimore Restaurant
Cookie dough adapted from Kroger’s White Chocolate Chip Cookies